Saturday 19 February 2011


This was my first attempt at my front cover on Photoshop however I don't feel as though it works. The masthead is small and doesn't stand out very much and the background is completely white making the page look quite plain. The white background also makes it hard to read the yellow writing and I don't feel as though green colour works therefore I am considering changing my colour scheme.


From my research I was inspired by the DPS from 'Number One' magazine which featured an article about Bananarama. The background used shapes in order to create a 'funky' background which inspired me to do so in order for my magazine to looks 80s style. However when I put this background behind my DPS it didn't work as it looked as though there were too much on the page. This then helped me to decide to make my magazine more modern with some 80s influence because I found it difficult to make it look 80s and still look good.


I tried using lighter colours to see if that worked however it still made the page look to busy and it also meant I wouldn't be following my audience research results of bright colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment